Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Long Lost Blogger

I have watched One-Act Play, coached UIL, danced at Prom, beaten the TAKS test and said good-bye to friends and students. What does that mean? It is summer time! The next question is did I find a new job? Thank God, I did!! I will be the new Yearbook, Newspaper, English I teacher at Estacado HS. My principal also wants me to start a creative writing program with a literary magazine attached to it. It is a heavy load (still a third as much as I was doing in Amherst), but I am excited to take it on. I have a very busy summer coming up trying to get prepared for Estacado with workshops and team building retreats. In between the workshops I will get go see my parents in Phoenix (they moved about a two months ago), see my sister and spend time with my little girl. Although Emily isn't so little anymore. She is a good 33 inches long and I would guess 27lbs. We have her nine month check up later this month and I can't wait to see what her new stats are.


I figured I would give a little info on my episodes... at the end of April my cardiologist told me to take off my 24 hours heart monitor because my issue was not my heart. This was bittersweet news to me even though I know it would be music to most people's ears. This meant my heart was fine, but that there was still something wrong with me and I had no idea where to go. The actual episodes subsided a little and I was thinking that maybe they were just stress related like everyone said they were. Made sense since I am a tightly wound person... no comments! Anyway, I started having some again and a friend recommended another doctor to go see. He is a primary care doctor, but has some great ideas about what the actual problem is. His first inclination is that it is Vasovagal Syncope which explains the fainting. My doctor says VS is common; his only concern is what is triggering the episodes. He also thinks I could be having mini-seizures. He is sending me for an EEG on June 30 to look more into that. Dr. Gray says that if neither of these things is the problem, he has a long list of other options to explore. This is going to be a long process to figure out what is wrong, but I feel like I have the right doctor to go down this road with.


To end on a happy note, I thought I would post a few pictures of Emily. She always makes me smile :)


No comments:

Post a Comment